One of the biggest perks of using a comprehensive suite like Microsoft Office 365 is its integration. With apps to facilitate all kinds of tasks included in the package, Office 365 users save time and boost productivity without breaking a sweat.
Also part of the Office 365 suite, Microsoft Teams offers users a unified communication and collaboration platform. This single, shared workspace makes it easy for teams to communicate and collaborate on tasks.
Many Microsoft Teams users do not know how to even further streamline platforms by integrating another very useful app, Microsoft To Do, with the rest of the suite. This quick guide will show you how to easily integrate the two apps and quickly create tasks directly from messages you receive in Microsoft Teams.
Integrating Microsoft Teams and Microsoft To Do
1. Open Microsoft Teams.
2. In the bottom-left corner, click on “Apps”.
3. Type “Tasks” in the search bar and click on the first result.
4. A window will open – click on “Add” on the left side of the pop-up.
5. Now, click on “Tasks”, near the reply box at the bottom of the screen.
6. Click on “Sign in Now”, then click on “Sign in” and confirm your Microsoft credentials.
7. If prompted, click on “Yes” to allow the app access to your account information.
8. Click on “Close”.
Now, you’ll be able to create tasks in Microsoft To Do directly from messages you receive in Teams. To do this:
- Open Microsoft Teams.
- Hover over a message with your mouse, and click on the menu (the button with the three dots).
- Click on “More Actions” and then on “Create Task”.
- You will now be prompted to add a title for the task you want to create. This is how it will appear in Microsoft To Do. You can also select a due date for the task or mark it as important, and add further details about the task.
- To save, click on “Submit” and then on “Close”.
You will now be able to find it under the “Tasks” tab in Microsoft To Do, where you can also edit it, remove it, or mark it as completed.
Microsoft Office 365 is the only platform you and your team will need, whether you’re back in the office or still working remotely. To learn more about a package that suits the needs of you and your business, find out more from Agora Tec.