Using fibre over other ways to connect to the web holds a variety of benefits for the user. This is why you should choose a fibre connection:
- There is less interference on the line, as the weather and other environmental factors don’t affect fibre cables as much as traditional copper cables.
- No existing landline is necessary for installation.
- The speed of fibre is phenomenal, compared to that of more traditional connections, because of increased bandwidth potential.
- The price of fibre is reasonable when compared to ADSL and other internet services.
5 Ways a Fibre connections will be of benefit to you
Not convinced it makes that much of a difference? Here are 5 ways you will benefit from fibre (and there are many more):
- Streaming services like Netflix and Showmax were made for a reliable and fast connection like fibre. Waiting for a video to buffer is a thing of the past!
- Online backup services like Dropbox and iCloud require a fast connection to back up your precious memories and files.
- Voice and video telephony services like Skype work best with a fibre connection.
- Downloading – even if it’s HD video – is lightning-fast with fibre.
- Making your home a smart home without paying an arm or a leg is easier with fibre. As the internet of things becomes an actual thing, you’ll need a reliable and cost-effective connection like fibre to be a part of the technological revolution.
To check your coverage and make contact with a Smartcom consultant for a fibre connection please click here.