Smartcom has seen a constant increase in the uptake of CAT smartphones. The CAT brand is especially popular in our stores in Hartswater, Kuruman, Kathu, Ermelo and our latest additions in Mpumalanga.
It comes as no surprise that the CAT brand will do well among communities where mining and agriculture have such a strong presence. These mobile devices are rugged, strong and extremely durable.
The S30 is IP68 and Mil-Spec 810G certified, which basically means that it is water, dust and shockproof and has been drop tested at 1.8m. The entire design of the S30 is sculpted around rugged outdoor working environments.
Even the grip and Gorilla Glass touch screen is perfect for operating without removing your gloves.
Design is not all there is to the CAT S30. Below that entire rugged exterior is a modern smartphone with all the specs you expect from your communication device.
Here are some of those specs:
- Type: Non-removable Lithium Ion
- Capacity: 3000mAh
- Talk Time: 12 hours
- Standby Time: 19 days
- Display Type: Super bright 4.5” TN Type TFT, 480 x 854
- Display Cover: Corning Gorilla Glass 3
- Main/Rear: 5MP Autofocus
- Front: 2MP
- Video Capture: Yes, 1920×1080, 60fps
- Audio Jack: 3.5mm
- Bluetooth: 4.1
- Wi-Fi: 802.11 b/g/n
- USB: micro-USB 2.0, USB-OTG
- SIM Type: Nano SIM
- GPS: GLONASS, GPS, aGPS
- ROM Flash8GB
- Extended Storage microSD™ up to 64GB
- Audio Playback AAC, AAC+, eAAC+, AMR-NB, AMR-WB, MP3, MIDI, OGG, WAV, FLAC, MKV
- Audio Recording AMR-NB, AMR-WB, AAC, AAC+, eAAC, WAV
- Video PlaybackH.263, H.264, H.265, MPEG4, VP8, VP9
- Video Recording AMR-NB, AMR-WB, AAC, AAC+, eAAC, WAV
- IP RatingIP68 Certified
- Waterproof Up to 1m for 60 minutes
- Dust Proof Impervious to dust
- Drop Test Up to 1.8M (6 ft)
- Military Standard MIL-SPEC 810G, Shock and Drop, Operating Temp: -25°C (-13°F) to 55°C (131°F), Category 4 vibration
- Size: 141.9 x 72.74 x 13.25mm
- Weight: 181g
Purchase the latest CAT smartphones here.