The world is abuzz with the launch of the latest Samsung Galaxy S series phones.
Earlier this week Samsung announced that we could expect to see their latest flagship phones, the Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge, as early as March 2016.
It seems like Samsung took note of the best qualities from their previous phones and mouled them very nicely into the Galaxy S7. One of these features is the fact that the S7 is waterproof, a feature that went missing from the S6.
Here are some of the highlights from the new Samsung Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge:
- The new phones see the return of microSD expandable storage. Another feature that was left out from the previous S6 models.
- The S7 comes with the latest Android version, named Android 6.0 Marshmallow.
- Both the S7 and S7 Edge come with wireless charging capabilities. Samsung promises that the new batteries will charge even faster with wireless chargers than the previous versions.
- The S7 has a 5.1” screen while the S7 Edge has a slightly larger 5.5” screen. Thus, putting the Edge more in line with the phablet market like the iPhone Plus and the Galaxy Note.
- Both phones boast bigger-capacity batteries which should supply your device with juice for longer.
- The design is very close to the quality design we saw on the S6. Samsung decided to keep the popular metal and high-quality glass finishes that we loved in the previous model.
- Both phones have a slightly curved back to make it easier to hold.
Pricing for the new Samsung devices have not been confirmed yet, but with the current exchange rate we expect to see it slightly higher than when the S6 launched this time last year. With South Africans tightening their belts and more manufacturers brining cheaper yet competitive phones to the market, it is difficult to say how well the latest Samsung phones will be received.
Those who do however decide to upgrade or switch to the latest Samsungs in March, will get to experience one of the best smartphones currently on the market. And we are expecting to see one of the best phones for 2016.